Looking for the safest, most effective way to recover from sports injuries? Dr. Troy Buckridge at Back & Neck Relief Clinic in Seymour, TN, offers natural and personalized sports injury treatments.
Guide to Visiting a Chiropractor for Sports Injury Treatments
Whether you’re playing sports for exercise, playing for a school team, or playing for the pros, you can benefit from chiropractic care. While this field offers many advantages that help you get and stay in optimal health and shape, it especially shines for sports injuries. In this quick guide, Dr. Buckridge and the team at Back & Neck Relief Clinic in Seymour, TN, share how below.
Basics of Sports Injuries
Playing sports – no matter your level – means pushing your body beyond its normal limits. You train hard – sometimes too much – to reach optimal performance. And those who play contact sports put themselves at risk every time they hit the field. Both training and competing can put an incredible strain on the musculoskeletal system, leading to a wide range of injuries, such as:
- Sprains and strains
- Shoulder injuries, such as rotator cuff injuries
- Runner’s knee and other knee injuries
- Tennis or golfer’s elbow
- Shin splints and more
- Herniated discs
- Pinched nerves
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Athletes
Why visit a chiropractor when you’ve sustained a sports injury? There are a few excellent reasons, but three of the most important ones are below.
1. Chiropractic care is natural: As an athlete, you want to care for your body and get back to it as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, addictive medication and invasive techniques can cause the opposite to happen. Chiropractors use only natural methods of treatment.
2. It’s a holistic treatment: Chiropractors focus on treating the whole person. In addition to pain relief, you’ll enjoy nutritional guidance, therapeutic exercises, strategies for habit changes, and more to ensure optimal results and general health.
3. It focuses on the root: It’s not a Band-Aid – chiropractic care gets to the root of the problem. In doing so, you not only experience natural relief but also a reduced likelihood of a future injury.
Types of Sports Injury Treatments
Chiropractic care is customized to your needs, so treatment plans vary. However, some common techniques include:
- Adjustments and manipulation
- Electrical stimulation
- Spinal decompression
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Chiropractic massage
Such techniques are combined to offer the most personalized and effective journey to your healing.
Don’t let an injury keep you on the sidelines. Schedule your sports injury treatments with Dr. Buckridge at Back & Neck Relief Clinic in Seymour, TN, by calling (865) 577-2273 today.